Princess Elizabeth Blog Posts
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
There is a growing demand for cosmetic dental procedures – apparently, only nine percent of people worldwide are completely happy with their teeth!
Cosmetic dentistry, or aesthetic dentistry, is often referred to as a Smile Makeover or a Celebrity Smile and at Princess Elizabeth Dental in Edmonton we offer a complete range of procedures using the latest cutting-edge technology.
Why do you need cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on the appearance of your teeth and smile whilst restorative dentistry looks at improving or restoring your oral health. Although they are different, they are not mutually exclusive and overlap with many treatments.
We all have things we would like to change about our appearance and for many of us, our smile is at the top of the list.
Perhaps your teeth are crooked or stained or missing altogether? A Smile Makeover can dramatically improve your confidence and self-esteem, and there are so many different ways to do this from whitening your teeth to straightening teeth or replacing missing teeth.
Five types of cosmetic dentistry:
- Teeth Whitening: A dazzling white smile is not just for celebrities! Did you know teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedure in Canada? It is used mostly to lighten or remove stains and discolouration. It’s an easy, painless, and very effective procedure to instantly give you a smile to be proud of.
- Dental Veneers: These are thin tooth-coloured covers made of porcelain or composite resin which go on the top of your existing teeth and can change the size and shape and hide any gaps for instance. They can cover one or more teeth and are individually custom-made which means veneers are one of the quickest ways to give you a complete Smile Makeover.
- Orthodontic treatment: Having straighter teeth not only helps boost your confidence and gives you a great-looking smile, but straight teeth are also good for your oral health as they improve bite issues and make them easier to clean. There are all sorts of braces available although today invisible clear aligners like Invisalign are the most popular and very effective.
- Gum Contouring: Sometimes gums are uneven or cover too much of your teeth resulting in a ‘gummy’ smile. If this is the case, we can basically contour your gum tissue which can make a noticeable difference to your smile.
- Dental Implants: If you are missing one or more teeth then Dental Implants are a great option as they are strong, durable, and look like natural teeth. Although surgery is required, they last for years and not only give you a winning smile but give you the comfort and confidence to eat what you like, smile, and laugh again.
Meanwhile, if you have any queries about what type of treatment you may require just give us a call at 780 488 0383.